Information about becoming a Lake of Bays Tennis Club member, booking courts, participating in tournaments, and more.
Membership is open to those persons and their families who own or rent cottages with frontage on Lake of Bays. Members pay an initiation fee and annual dues.
Annual dues must be paid no later than 45 days past the due date (June 1) or the member will be assumed to have resigned. The Club will notify members by email at least twice if payment has not been received.
Annual dues cannot be deferred for members that have a temporary change of circumstance except medical leave. Usage of the club is not transferrable to short term renters of a member. Short term is 1- 8 weeks.
Annual dues can be deferred for medical leave for a maximum of 2 years. If a member is on medical leave, they, nor any member of their family, can play at the club. Being a guest is not allowed.
If a family has 2 cottages on Lake of Bays, each family cottage is required to have a membership (1 membership with multiple families is not allowed if there are multiple cottages). Initiation applies to each cottage membership.
Lifetime membership have exceptions to these policies due to their investment in founding the club
Lifetime members may defer annual dues for up to 2 years if there is a change of circumstances.
Lifetime member’s children (with their own cottage on Lake of Bays) may join the club without initiation fees.
Lifetime membership is not transferrable. When the original lifetime member and spouse are deceased, the lifetime membership expires. At that time, a son or daughter with a cottage on Lake of Bays may continue as members with no initiation fees. Annual dues will apply at the family or individual member rates.
Courts and clubhouse are for club use only. Private lessons or other non club business cannot be conducted on Lake of Bays Tennis Club property.
Member’s privacy is important to us. The club will not share our members’ email addresses or contact information with 3rd parties nor will we promote non club business. Members do agree to the use of pictures on the LBTC website, annual booklet or promotional materials. Specific pictures can be removed from the website upon request.
An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is installed between courts 4&5 under the canopy. It is a computerized device that is reliable and simple to use. Please make your family aware that this is a life saving device, and the earlier defibrillation occurs, the higher the survival rate. AND an AED will not shock a healthy heart rhythm. Access code = 911.
Family membership: $750
Individual membership: $500
Annual Dues (all members)
- Maximum 10 minute warm-up before play begins
- Matches are a pro set of 8 games. The first deuce will be played out followed by second FINAL deuce. A 7-point tiebreaker is played if tied at 7-all
- Finals (singles and doubles) are 2 out of 3 sets. Full deuce is played
- All players must be on time. If you are unsure of your start time, please be on site at 8am promptly. If absent at start of game (15 minute grace), member will forfeit game and move to consolation if first round. After first round, late member is disqualified from tournament
- Masters are age 55+ as of May 15 of the current year
- A consolation round for Men’s, Ladies and Mixed Doubles will be played provided there are at least 4 participants
- Tennis balls will be supplied for all scheduled tournaments. Each player in Singles and Master Tournament games must bring an unopened can of balls to each match
- GUESTS MAY NOT PLAY IN CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENTS
- Winners of doubles championships ( ladies, men’s, master or mixed) may not play as a team in the following year
Courts are available to members on a first come, first served basis in May, June, September and October.
Court Attendants are available for bookings in July and August.
Courts are booked on the hour starting at 9am.
Only the court attendant can book a court
- Do not leave messages to request court bookings
- Do not write on the blackboard as this is an invalid booking
Courts may be booked 7 days in advance
Courts must be booked under the membership name
Maximum booking is 2 hours per membership per day
Guests must play with a member and wear proper attire, including non-marking shoes. There are no guest fees
Courts can be used before 9:00am without booking (except courts used by men’s round robins).
Weekdays after 4:00pm are not busy so members will usually find an open court. Weekends are busy, so booking is recommended, but members may find open courts.